WORLD OF WANDERLUST

THE WANDERLUST CLUB WITH MOFE

Wanderlust /wɒndəlʌst/
Noun: wanderlust
Meaning: a strong desire to travel.

Example:"a man consumed by wanderlust"

This article is dedicated to all those who suffer along with me the wonderful disease of ‘wanderlust’. As it is shown above, wanderlust is the ‘strong desire to travel’, and by travelling I don’t mean going to your village to visit grandmother or other relatives, I mean travelling to other states or countries to enjoy their way of life and also to meet new people and make amazing memories. This planet earth which we live in has seven continents, a whole SEVEN, that are packed with amazing cultures, scenic beauties, exotic people and a whole lot of exciting things that are just waiting for people to come and explore. Our continent, Africa, boasts of some of the world’s most exotic cultures and landscapes, from the Great Pyramids of Gaza in Egypt the ‘cradle of civilization’  to the Table Mountain in Southern Africa; the Ikogosi Warm springs in Western Africa to Mount Kilimanjaro in Eastern Africa. These are just a tiny bit of all the exotic places and people in Africa, unfortunately due to corruption and ignorance especially in our ‘beloved country’, these sites are not properly taken care of and are now laying in ruins, but let’s not depress ourselves now, no need to remove our minds from the comforting clouds of our wanderlust.
ANYWAY, there are most of us who dream of going to faraway places, it could be for the sheer joy of it, it could be to distance oneself from negative energy at home, and it could be for starting a new life and so many other reasons but whatever the reason, there is just this really strong urge to ‘just go’. As a little kid in primary school, I used to tell my friends that I was half Egyptian, reason being that I had just watched the movie ‘The Mummy’ and I loved everything about it, the accent, the landscape, the dressing, somehow I managed to convince them that it was true, *sigh* kids, eh? My point is, even at that stage in my life I had already begun to have the stirrings of wanderlust and till this point in my life I still have that craving to travel and to explore.

Alas, it is one thing to have the wanderlust, it is another thing to act on it, I mean, one has to draw up a budget, think of booking flights while they are cheap, packing what you need, setting  up accommodation, organizing  cabs/taxis and what not. All that can kind of cramp the whole feeling of wanderlust, unless you are really into it and don’t mind sucking it up and sleeping anywhere with just a backpack, eat anything, drink anything, just roughing it up across your destination as long as you are exploring, if you are not into all that then the planning process will just weigh you down and even spoil your mind as to taking a vacation. BUT, if you truly suffer from wanderlust and you give up due to a few hiccups with the planning, then gee, I uh, don’t really think you are into it like that but I digress.
As time goes by, I will put up more articles that contain tips or advice on how to plan and enjoy our travels and also to curb some of our wanderlust, but until then I welcome my fellow wanderlusters and to those who are hopefully intrigued by this article, I hope to convince you and not confuse you *wink wink* that the world awaits you to explore.

Much Love, Mofe
For enquiries about travelling, visa processing, ticketing and vacation packages, please contact me at mofe.mene@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO TURN YOURSELF INTO A LIFE BREATHING CASH MACHINE

HOW TO CONVERT chk file to jpg files

THE MOST EFFECTIVE METHOD TO CREATE $37k IN AMAZON KDP, DEALS AND BEYOND USING YOUR SMARTHONE OR LAPTOP